The Paste 2014 Seminar will take place June 8-12, 2014 in Vancouver, Canada. It will include 2 days of short courses and 3 days of technical sessions, as well as social functions and field trips.
The objectives of the Paste Seminar series are to disseminate the advances in technology made in the field of paste and thickened tailings, and provide a forum to present and discuss field applications, and obtain feedback from practitioners working at mine sites worldwide.
Paste 2014 Seminar themes include:
- Filter-pressed Dry-stacks
- Thickened Tailings
- Paste Tailings
- Environmental Considerations
- Polymer Amendment of Tailings
- Mine Backfill
The seminar will be of interest to people involved with tailings disposal technology services and products that enable the application of paste or filtered tailings, and in the stacking of tailings in a manner that reduces water use, water seepage and need for dams.
Learn more by taking one of these short courses:
- Quantifying the Lifecycle Costs of Alternative Thickened Tailings Production and Management Methods Workshop
- Rheology of Paste and Thickened Tailings
- Tailings Preparation, Transport and Deposition
- Paste Fill System Design, Operation and Management
The following field trips will also be offered as part of the seminar:
- Coanda Research and Development lab tour – June 12
- Highland Valley Copper mine tour – June 13
Please visit the Field Trips page for more information.
Registration is now open with Early Bird pricing available until April 25.
Click here for more information and to register.